***** CLOSING DATE EXTENDED UNTIL 13TH MAY 2022 *****
Waterford City and County Council is seeking to progress affordable housing in Waterford City at a number of locations in partnership with developers and the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage.
For first time buyers who are currently unable to get a mortgage for a new house in Waterford City the affordable housing scheme will provide for:
- The purchase of a home from our partner developers using mortgage borrowing to the greatest extent possible, within the income capacity of the purchaser/s and the Central Bank prudential rules.
- The Council to take shared equity in the home to cover the shortfall in the price to a maximum of 40% and a minimum of 5%.
The Shared Equity by the Council in the home can be redeemed at any stage in the future by payment to the Council or may be left in place until a future sale of the property or for the lifetime of the purchaser/s.
Interested persons should note that:
· You will have to be able to meet the 10% deposit requirement of the money borrowed.
In general you, as an individual or joint applicant, will need to have a Gross Income of between €55,000 and €70,000 to be eligible for this scheme.
If you wish to register an interest in purchasing a home in Waterford City please register here: https://submit.link/Kc
ONLINE ASSESSMENT - IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- This is a provisional expression of interest only, for the purpose of gathering information and determining potential levels of interest.
- Eligibility criteria may change from time to time.
- Completion of the assessment does not imply eligibility or convey approval in any form, to a future offer of affordable housing by Waterford City & County Council.
- This is not a waiting list and will not determine priority.
- The existence of this register does not preclude others from applying to be considered for affordable housing.
- The data submitted by you as part of this submission, will be retained for as long as the relevant statutory provisions remain in force and may be used for the following purposes:
- The establishment of a register of provisional levels of interest in affordable housing provided by Waterford City & County Council but will not form any part of a wait list.
- To make further contact with applicants to confirm continuing interest and for final confirmation of actual interest.
- The potential onward transfer of the data to a register maintained by Waterford City and County Council of confirmed interest, which can be used as part of the process for final evaluation, prior to provisional approval for affordable Housing.
- The potential onward transfer to the Department of Housing Planning and Local Government or the Housing Agency as part of any evaluation or approval process associated with affordable housing.
- As a base register from which a list of approved applications may be derived to be passed on to a builder/developer of affordable homes.
This information is sought by the Housing Department of Waterford City &County Council and retained in pursuance of the functions of Waterford City & County Council in relation to housing under the Housing Acts 1966-2015 and in relation to affordable housing under Part 5 of the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions ) Act 2009 and Section 96 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 as amended and Affordable Housing Act 2021.
For queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org